Insurance for Restaurants
Customized insurance to help protect your business
A Comprehensive and Flexible Solution
GNY understands the unique needs of the restaurant industry. Our commercial package combines property and general liability insurance with coverage enhancements specific to your industry – all in one convenient policy. Optional coverages are available to further customize your insurance program.
Our package policy is designed for:
- Family style restaurants
- White tablecloth restaurants
- Chain restaurants
- 24-hour diners
- Property Insurance - Covers damage to a building and its contents due to a covered event, such as a fire. Also insures against losses associated with mechanical and electrical system breakdowns, a business interruption, and more.
- General Liability Insurance - Provides legal defense and coverage for claims of bodily injury caused by accident, associated medical costs, and for certain Personal and Advertising Injuries.
- Limits up to $1 million per occurrence
- $2 million aggregate
- Medical payments available up to $10,000
- Umbrella limits up to $15 million
- Liquor legal liability
- Industry-related enhancements - More than 20 enhancements are added to the policy to address the unique insurance needs associated with restaurants. Enhancements include but are not limited to:
- Accounts receivable
- Counterfeit paper currency
- Debris removal
- Electronic data
- Employee Dishonesty, Forgery, Money, and Securities
- Ordinance or Law
- Off-premises power
- Outdoor signs
- Spoilage and supplemental refrigerated food coverage
- Valuable papers
- Identity theft recovery
Your business is unique. That’s why we offer additional coverages to further customize your insurance program, including:
Please refer to the insurance policies themselves for a complete description of the coverages, limits, conditions, and exclusions.
Not all products are available in all states and not all products are available in all multi-peril packages offered by GNY Insurance Companies. Please consult with your GNY affiliated broker for further information.