Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Nearly every business is vulnerable to allegations of wrongful employment acts. Strong personnel policies and programs are a company’s first line of defense. Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) is another layer of protection against employee claims that their legal rights have been violated.
EPLI coverage mitigates the financial impact on small businesses
Costs associated with defending a lawsuit or reaching a settlement can ruin a small company. EPLI coverage helps pay costs associated with many types of employee claims, including:
- Wrongful termination
- Harassment (including sexual harassment)
- Libel, slander, defamation and invasion of privacy
This is an abbreviated identification of available coverages. Please refer to the insurance policies themselves for a complete description of the coverages, limits, terms, conditions, and exclusions.
Not all products are available in all states and not all products are available in all multi-peril packages offered by GNY Insurance Companies. Please consult with your independent, GNY affiliated broker for further information.
A free service for GNY policyholders
EmployerProtection.net is available to policyholders who have EPLI coverage as part of their insurance program. The website provides tools and resources to help employers prevent claims and avoid lawsuits. Site content includes:
- Best employment practices and checklist
- Model Employee Handbook including sexual harassment policies, progressive discipline procedures and workplace rules
- Model forms and policies including employment application, performance review document and at-will notice
- Web-based training modules
- Legal Advice Line providing general counsel on employment issues
Click here to learn more and register for EmployerProtection.net
Contact your GNY affiliated broker to assess your business risk and determine if EPLI coverage is needed.